Trying to do a workshop (in English)

One of the most frustrating things about doing workshops in English is the fact some people will come thinking it is for English "brush up".

Three examples that make me what to holler:

1. Tonight I was asked how long I was an English teacher and I said that the class was not a language class but she did not get the point.
2. I did an all day workshop and the first person in talked about brushing up her English. Activist skills workshops will not help your English.

3. I kept getting emails from a woman who wanted me to check her grammar although after repeated attempt I had to tell her that this was not an English course but a course about the MDGs. It was in English because it was a training course for people who want to work in international orgs.

I just need to get used to this I guess.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

あなたも起業家、投資家になりませんか

Translators and Proofreaders needed

パネルディスカッション「東北における事業復興への取り組み」