Holiday giving guide on Charity Navigator
Charity Navigator is a useful resource. An independent charity evaluator in the USA, they aim to promote a more efficient and responsive philanthropic marketplace. By evaluating the financial status of 5,400+ of America's largest charities Charity Navigator helps gives donors access to info they can use for deciding where and how to give.
They have 6 useful tips for anyone thinking a bit about how and who to give to at this holiday time.
- Seek out charities with capable leaders that are reasonably paid:
- Look for financially strong charities:
- Investigate the charity’s outcomes:
- Check for evidence of questionable ethical practices:
- Consider gifts to human services charities:
- Trust your charity: