Door to door donations

Sunday I was at home when the neighborhood assoc. head stopped by. She asked about our 500yen monthly payment for the Red Cross of Japan.

I said I preferred to support groups I knew because I worked with NGOs and Nonprofits. To this I was told that everyone has been giving 500 yen per month for the past 40+ years.

When I asked why they did not ask for money for Japanese NGOs she such as JEN and PWJ - the reply was initally silence but was then told she did not know those groups.

After asking why she supported the RCJ, I was asked to have my husband call her.

My husband smirked when I told this story - he knows how i feel about the RCJ and large orgs in general. I dislike how some groups seem to have some special status even though many people know little to nothing about what they give money to.

He also knows that people also do not question what they have been doing for the past 40 or 50 years and that to ask questions must make them just perplexed. I guess pushing the issue is what makes me satisfied. It will never make me money but getting people to question why they do what they do always gives me a bit of satisfaction.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

あなたも起業家、投資家になりませんか

Translators and Proofreaders needed

パネルディスカッション「東北における事業復興への取り組み」